1. Conasauga River at Carlton Petty Road bridge – From Dalton head north on Cleveland Highway to
Beaverdale Road and follow east to Highway 2. Turn right or east on Highway 2 and travel to the intersection
with Highway 225. Turn left or north on Highway 225 and follow approximately 1.5 miles and turn left onto
Carlton Petty Road. Travel to the Conasauga River bridge, approximately 1/2 mile. From Chatsworth, head
north on Highway 225 approximately 14 miles and turn left onto Carlton Petty Road. Travel to the Conasauga
River bridge, approximately 1/2 mile.
2. Conasauga River at Highway 2 bridge – From Dalton Take the Cleveland Highway (Rt. 71) north from
Dalton to Highway 2. Turn right on Highway 2 and go about 6.5 miles until you reach the bridge over
Conasauga River at Beaverdale Superette – park at the store. From Chatsworth. Go north on US Route 411.
At Cisco, turn left onto Highway 2 and go about 7 miles until you reach the bridge over Conasauga River at
Beaverdale Superette – park at the store.
3. Conasauga River at Lower King’s Bridge/Norton Bridge – From Dalton Take Highway 52/76 toward
Chatsworth. Turn left onto Highway 286. After passing through Dawnville, go another 1/2 mile on Highway
286 and turn left onto Lower King’s Bridge Road. Go 2 miles, turn right at the stop sign, and park when you
get near the bridge. From Chatsworth: Go north on Highway 411. Go through Eton, and continue another 1.7
miles on Highway 411 and turn left onto Red Cut Road. Continue straight on this road for 4 or 5 miles, until
you reach the river. (Red Cut Road will change names to Norton Bridge Road when you cross Highway 225.)
Cross the bridge over the river and park
4. Holly Creek- From US Route 411 Northbound – At Eton turn right (east) on CCC Camp Road. Continue on
this road even after pavement ends. One-mile after pavement ends look for parking area on left at swimming
hole area with registration table.
5. Mill Creek tributary in the City of Dalton – At Underwood Apartments in Dalton. From Dalton or
Chatsworth: Take the North Bypass to Underwood Street. Turn south onto Underwood Street at traffic light.
Continue on Underwood for about 3/4 mile. Turn left onto Phoenix Place at Underwood Apartments. From
Walnut Avenue: From the intersection of Glenwood Avenue and Walnut Avenue, go north on Glenwood. Turn
right onto Martin Luther King Blvd. Proceed for 10 blocks and turn left onto Fields Avenue. Continue on Fields
Ave. until intersection with Underwood Street. Turn right onto Underwood. Proceed on Underwood for about 7
blocks. Turn right onto Phoenix Place at Underwood Apts.
6. Coahulla Creek at Prater’s Mill – Prater’s Mill is located at 5845 Georgia Highway 2. From I-75: Exit I-75
at Hwy. 201 (Tunnel Hill – Varnell Exit-341). Travel North 4.5 miles to GA Hwy. 2, turn right on GA Hwy. 2 and
continue 2.6 miles to Prater’s Mill. GPS:: N34 53.720 W84 55.197
7. Lakeshore Park in the City of Dalton – From the intersection of Walnut Avenue and Thornton Avenue/
Route 41 (S. Dixie Hwy): Go south on Route 41 (South Dixie Hwy) for 0.9 miles. Just past the Whitfield County
School District office, turn right onto Conway Street. Proceed on Conway Street until you see the lake, parking
area, and picnic pavilion. Park at the pavilion.
This entry was posted by danielthuser on September 25, 2018 at 4:26 pm, and is filed under Upcoming Events. Follow any responses to this post through RSS 2.0.Both comments and pings are currently closed.